We’ve made numerous changes to ensure that our dining venues are spaces where students can safely socialize and enjoy a healthy meal.
New Protocols to Keep You Healthy
- Employee health will be screened daily.
- CDC and state guidelines, as well as additional university and vendor guidelines, are in place.
- All operations will be closely monitored to ensure students are as safe as possible.
Ensuring Dining Areas are Safe and Convenient
- Many dining venues — including food trucks — will be order-ahead and pickup only.
- Venues will have limited seating, plexiglass dividers on tables, posted directional signage and physical distancing decals placed on floors.
- Terrell Hall will offer curbside pickup.
- Foy Commons will be an order-ahead venue. Pick up meals from warming boxes that will keep food at a safe temperature until you arrive.
For on-campus residents
On-campus students are still required to have the $1100 meal plan even if all their classes are online. As listed above, there are multiple options for students to access food conveniently wherever they live on campus.
For off-campus residents
Off-campus residents will automatically be enrolled in the $350 dining plan. Those students who have schedules with all online-only classes may apply for a dining plan exemption. Students who have at least one class that meets on-campus are not eligible for the exemption. This includes all class modalities that are not coded online only. Refunds will be processed after the 15th class day, after drop and add is finished.
Use Dining Funds for Home Chef Meal Kits via Grubhub:
- Log into Grubhub and find the Home Chef shop
- Check your Grubhub account for the most accurate email address
- Make your purchase using your Dining Dollars (Tiger Card Declining Balance)
- Wait for your voucher to come to your email
- Use the links provided in the email and add your voucher to your Home Chef account
- Enjoy your meals
- Home Chef takes 3-5 days after purchase to be delivered to your email.
- Grubhub pulls the email address you have on file with Grubhub. You will find the voucher in that email account. Please check your spam and junk folders.
- Vouchers are delivered by email on Tuesdays and Thursdays from HomeChef@auburn.edu
- Serving sizes are based on 2 servings/meal, and the $120 voucher should provide an estimated 12 servings (5-8 meals). This varies depending on the proteins selected.
- Vouchers cannot be refunded at any time after Grubhub confirms your purchase.
- Vouchers codes do not expire.
Please email Vinesfirstname.lastname@example.org with any Home Chef issues.